Q: What is Barter?
A: Barter is the exchange of goods and services without the use of cash. People can Barter on a one-to-one basis or they may choose to use the services of a Trade Exchange
Q: Who can barter?
A: Any business owner, professional or individual who has a product or service to offer on trade for which there exists some demand. The higher the demand for your product or service the more opportunities you will have to trade for the products and services you want and need.
Q: Who should join?
A: Any business who would like to significantly increase their sales or improve their cash flow. We have found that businesses which have excess capacity, slow moving inventory or underutilized assets would particularly benefit from a trade exchange. You should join if you are not selling all the goods and services you would like to sell. If you have a perishable product, it would also be very advantageous to join our exchange. Consider how much an unused hotel room is worth, or an empty chair at a restaurant. How much is a ticket to the big event worth the next day? Nothing. We can get value for your goods. A Trade Dollar is worth a dollar in buying capability on our trade exchange.
Q: What are the benefits of joining?
• Increase Your Sales & Your Customer Base
• Improve Your Cash Flow
• Trade for Products and Services For Which You Normally Pay Cash
• Get New Cash Business as a result of Referrals and Word of Mouth Advertising from Your Customers
• Advertise and Promote Your Business
• Gain a Powerful Advantage over Your Competition in the Marketplace
• Expand Your Marketing Area
• Increase Your Purchasing Power
• Enhance Your Lifestyle
• Create a Benefit and/or Incentive Program for Your Employees
• There are NO accounts receivable for You to collect or bad debts to write off, since you are paid at the time you provide the Products or Services
• Trade Your Slow Moving or Perishable Inventories, Under Performing Assets and any Excess Capacity for Goods and Services You Want and Need.
Q: What is a Trade Exchange?
A: A Trade Exchange is similar to a bank except that it uses Trade Dollars as a medium of exchange to help facilitate trading between it's members. In addition, it provides the accounting services and statements that help Members keep track of their balance and trading activity.
Q: Why join a Trade Exchange?
A: A Trade Exchange eliminates the limitations of one-on-one Barter where each business must want what the other business has to offer.
• When You belong to an exchange you are paid in trade dollars, which you can then spend with any other member. This way when you are the seller, you do not have to turn away any business due to not wanting what the other person is offering.
• Using Trade Dollars also helps when you want to make a purchase and the other person doesn't want what you have to offer.
• A Trade Exchange will save you the time and effort of having to find compatible trading partners.
• A Trade Exchange helps you market your products and services to other members.
• A Trade Exchange acts as a third party record keeper, providing monthly statements to clients, which reflect all trade purchases, sales and a current trade dollar balance.
• When you are a member of a trade exchange, you do not have accounts receivable to collect or bad debts to write off. You are paid at the time you provide your product or service.
Q: Why use Trade Dollars instead of cash?
A: Maximizing cash flow is a top priority for all businesses, small and large. Using trade dollars as an alternative to spending cash helps you conserve cash.
Q: Are Trade Exchanges legal?
A: Yes. Under the "Tax Equity and Financial Responsibility Act of 1982", the federal government officially recognizes Trade Exchanges as third-party record keepers - meaning they record barter transactions and report client barter income to the IRS. This puts Trade Exchanges on equal footing with banks, credit unions, securities brokers and others as legitimate custodians in the eyes of the law.
Q: How can Barter increase my cash flow?
A: There are several ways in which barter can increase your cash flow:
• Business and personal expenses can be converted from cash to trade transactions, thereby freeing up your cash;
• New customers you get through your Trade Exchange are great sources of referrals and word of mouth advertising to attract new cash business;
• You can use the Trade Dollars you earn to purchase all forms of media advertising to attract more cash business without the out-of-pocket cash costs.
Q: Can I get anything on Barter?
A: No. There are some things that you probably won't be able to find on trade, including: utilities, tips, mortgage payments and money payable to local, state and federal governments ( taxes, business licenses, traffic fines) etc. Also items with thin margins are rarely available in a Trade Exchange. You can however, use Barter to "Free Up" cash to pay for the things you can't trade for.
Q: Are there any tax advantages to barter?
A: No. The tax code treates barter transactions identically to cash transactions. Barter sales are considered taxable income in the year they are credited, barter purchases and related barter expenses are considered tax deductible expenses.
Q: What do you receive as a Member?
A: Members get:
• Unlimited Transactions when You Trade with other Members Online
• Access to National & International Markets through our Affiliates
• FREE Listings for Your Products and Services
• Periodic Updates
• Timely Bulletins
• Access to the Website and Your Account 24/7
• Online Real Time Authorizations 24/7
• Invitations to Networking Activities and Special Events
Q: What if I prefer to have a broker to help me with my trades?
A: If you prefer more personalized service You can have one of our Independent Trade Brokers help You with Your trades.
Q: What if I want to cancel my Membership?
A: Either party may terminate this Agreement upon thirty (30) days written notice to the other party. See Terms & Conditions for details.
• Membership in this barter exchange may be canceled at any time with written notice.
• Members must have a positive account balance prior to cancelling.
• If transactions are pending, these transactions must be completed before cancellation is final.
Q: How should I price my Products and Services?
A: You should charge the same prices as You would for cash, but may exclude sale & discounted products & services.